ThermoVAR PP-R (High Molecular Random Copolymers Polypropylene Water Pipes) potable water pipe is the fourth generation pipe material succeeding galvanized pipe, PVC-U pipe and aluminum plastic composite pipe. ThermoVAR distributes PP-R pipes for water supply in accordance with the standards of GB/T18742.1-2002, GB/T18742.2-2002, GB/T18742.3-2002, GB/T1219.3-1998, ISO/DIS 158741.1999 and under the guidance of ISO/DIS 15874.1 1999. PP-R pipes are widely used in developed countries. It is a food grade safe and weather resistant pipe most suitable for potable water supply and hot water transportation for water heating systems.
- ThermoVAR PP-R pipes and fittings are certified by related quality inspection organization regarding health and construction material.
- All pipes and fittings are marked with specifications, nominal pressure and brand, production date. Quality certificate of pipes bears specifications, quantity, production date, inspector name and production standard and product grade.
- Raw material used is imported high quality macro molecule random co-polypropylene with good process performance.
- Pipe color is white. Standard pipe length is 4 meters. 6 meter custom made pipe is available upon request subject to ordering lead time.
- ThermoVAR PP-R pipes have three (3) ratings: 1.6MPa, 2.0MPa, 2.5MPa. Fittings rated at 2.5MPa fittings can be used with pipes of any rating.
- Smooth outer wall, no blisters, cracks, peels and obvious marks, in even colour.
- Cold water pipe has blue mark line; hot water pipe bears red mark line.
- For weld jointing, ThermoVAR will provide safe, easy-to-use and reliable welding tools.
PROPERTY COMPARISON OF PIPES
||Galvanized Steel||PVC||PEX||PP-R||Aluminum Plastic|
|Sanitary Condition||Poor||Has C1||Good||Good||Good|
|Heat Resistance||Ovenproof||Not Ovenproof||Not Ovenproof||Not Ovenproof||Not Ovenproof|
|Jointing||Compression||Solvent Weld||Compression||Compression||Electric Fusion|
CHARACTERISTICS OF PPR PIPES
- Lightweight, low specific gravity
- White construction material with excellent sanitary performance. Molecule of PP-R material is composed of carbon and hydrogen; therefore, it has reliable sanitary performance
- Corrosion resistant, no scales accumulated, with long lifetime -- up to 50 years
- Low flow resistance, good thermal insulation, low head loss, low thermal conductivity -- only 1/500 of brass pipes and 1/250 of steel pipes
- Low elastic modulus, low thermal distortion
- Product can be recycled
- Easy and reliable installation
- Internal cold and hot water piping premises including central heating system
- Internal heating system including flooring, wall heating and radiating system
- Purified water supply
- Centralized air conditioning system
- Industrial chemical flow transport system
Pipe specifications as shown are DN32 standard for nominal outside diamater, wall thickness and tolerance
| ITEM (Term)
|Melt Index||0.25||g / 10 min||ASTM D1238|
|Density||0.9||g / cm³||ASTM D1505|
| ITEM (Term)
|OIT (at 200°C)||> 30||min||ASTM D3895|
|Water Absorption||< 0.01||%||ASTM D570|
|Tensile Strength (Yield)||230||kgf / cm²||ASTM D638|
|Elongation (Break)||> 600||%||ASTM D638|
|Flexural Modulus||8500||kgf / cm²||ASTM D790|
|Hardness (Rockwell)||72||R Scale||ASTM D785|
|Izod Impact Strength (Non-Notched)||NB||kgf cm / cm||ASTM D256|
|Izod Impact Strength (Notched 23°C)||60||kgf cm / cm||ASTM D256|
|Melting Point||139||°C||ASTM D3418|
|Softening Point (Vicat)||133||°C||ASTM D1525|
|Heat Deflection Temperature||85||°C||ASTM D648|
|Specific Heat||0.46||Cal / g °C||KPIC Method|
|Heat Conductivity||3||10^-4 cal cm / cmsec. °C||KPIC Method|
|Volume Resistivity||1||10^17 ohmcm||ASTM D257|
|Dialectric Constant (1 Khz)||2.3||ASTM D150|
|Dissipation Factor (1 Khz)||2||10^-4||ASTM D150|
|Dielectric Strength (Short Time)||40||KV / mm||ASTM D149|
|Arc Resistance||130||sec.||ASTM D495|
| TEST ITEMS
|Cadmium (Cd)||mg / kg||EN 1122 (2001), ICP-AES||1||N.D.|
|Lead (Pb)||mg / kg||US EPA 3052, ICP-AES||5||N.D.|
|Mercury (Hg)||mg / kg||US EPA 3052, ICP-AES||2||N.D.|
|Hexavalent Chromium (Cr VI)||mg / kg||US EPA 3060A, UV-vis||1||N.D.|
CERTIFIED: RP2400 Grade is suitable for ASTM and FDA regulations:
|Melting Point (°C)||ASTM D 3417||135 ~ 145|
|Maximum extractable fraction in n-Hexane at specified temperature||21CFR 177.1520||Below allowance value|
|Maximum soluble fraction in Xylene at specified temperature||21CFR 177.1520||Below allowance value|
|CI - capture||21CFR 179.45||Below allowance value|
|Phenolic antioxidant||21CFR 178.2010||Below allowance value|
|Phosphoric antioxidant||21CFR 178.2010||Below allowance value|